Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday morning

My favourite time of the week is Sunday morning. I like waking early and puttering around the house alone, fixing breakfast and eating in peace while I watch whatever I want on TV or fool around on the Internet. It's the best time.

Jo's in St. Kitts and via BB she's sending messages about where she's going and what she sees. Since she left on Thursday, I must have gotten a hundred or more messages and I have a fairly good idea of the places she's gone and the things she's seeing, unless she's making it all up. Still, that has me thinking of how different it is now with cell phones and computers. Years ago I would have to rely on a letter or a phone call. Mostly, it was the phone call because even prior to the burst of technology, letters were fast becoming obsolete. Now, everything's instant and immediate and there's less mystery. While it can be overwhelming, it's also good for security as it reduces the worry of knowing where anyone is at any one time. This, of course, while calming to the nerves, reduces privacy greatly. In this modern technological world, there's little privacy if any at all for persons such as those, who spend their lives on Facebook. But, for now, I'm grateful for BB messages as it keeps the worry at bay....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment