Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. It's the time when many persons make announcements about what they will give up for the season. Few follow-through and it becomes like New Year's resolutions - we make them, knowing very well that not one item on the list will be fulfilled. My daughter announced that she will give up soda for the period and I said, very good, thinking that I've given up so much during the recession that I don't know there's much of worth left.

This year, I'm trying to take a new lease on life and am seriously thinking through business options. I'm not short on ideas but rather on follow-through and funding. The first is a big hurdle to overcome as I often get lost in the details. Courage fails me and my creativity fades as I think of putting myself out there and taking the challenge. But slowly but surely I'm getting there.

So for Lent, I will give up fear and make a plan to develop a business of my own...as a matter of fact, it is my New Year's resolution that this year, I get the courage to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment