Saturday, April 16, 2011

The original wireless message

Last week I was driving to work and saw a billboard that read:

Prayer, the original wireless message - 0$.

I thought brilliant! because it was funny and then had to sober up because it was quite serious. Coincidentally, I had just read a page in the Daily Word (yes, I do read it. My sister keeps me supplied so I must read.) that spoke about prayer in times of desperation and the faith to know that God will answer. Those two things happening so close together made me wonder about the many times that I have called on God for help, knowing it's just because I can't figure my way out of the latest pickle. But what do I do the other times when things are good? Nothing.

Sometimes I do say thanks like when my daughter drives in late at night and I know she's safe, but mostly I forget to say thanks for the good things that happen every day.

So, from now on, I'm going to take a minute and pause to say thanks.

This week I uploaded an ebook on Smashwords.com and sold a copy. I also sold 5 copies of other stories on Kindle this month and am at a total of 37 from last June; this without advertising and only telling 2 people. Thank you God.

My family is well and I am working and getting paid, for this I am especially grateful.

Take a break and pause a moment and think about the blessings in your life. Even if you don't believe in God, you must admit, something is keeping us all going and for that, you should be grateful.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment