Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chilaxing on a Sunday

Ah, Sunday. The best and the worst day of the week. The top half of Sunday is heaven while the bottom half is hectic and synonymous of Monday -- uugh, the worst day of the week.

I like my Sunday mornings. I'm the first up which I enjoy because it's usually peaceful except when the neighbours' gardener comes to mow the lawn. But I get up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. and I make breakfast and sit down to a very quiet meal, much like J.Lo in The Wedding Planner. After breakfast, I get to spend a good two or three hours at the computer before anyone else is even remotely awake and that's the good part. Then I go watch CBS Sunday Morning, depending on what they're bringing. If it's interesting, I watch, if not, I go back to the computer or to reading the newspaper. Yes, that's the life.

Sunday afternoon now is a different matter because that's when time rushes on and it seems I'll never get everything ready for work Monday and I never do. My sister would come for me to do her hair. I ponder doing my nails (usually I don't) and ironing (ha! haven't done that in a while) or finishing up some piece of work I brought home (sometimes I do). If it's my day to cook, I'm so exhausted that I don't do anything else but watch TV or lie on the bed and wish my legs to stop hurting. That aside, I would give up no other day for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment