Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day

I think I forgot it was valentine's day. I am aware of it -- how can I not be with all the TV ads and shows reminding me -- but sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning I forgot, then I remembered and forgot again. It would be nice if my husband would have reminded me, but that fell out of his ability to plan years ago and we haven't done anything for valentine's day in years. Do I miss it? Yes, I think I do. I know what many persons think: it's a shameless commercial attempt at gaining sales through false claims of love. And I know that happiness doesn't come in a Kay jewellery box because not everyone can afford that. But it would be nice if we both could get into the theme of the day and at least make an effort. Oh well, the dangers of married life.

But come to think of it, not many stations on the cable are showing love shows, at least not the typical ones. In fact, we see them so often throughout the year that it's only Lifetime and Hallmark that are making any effort. Thank God for their crappy, sappy movies without which my life would be devoid of all things romantic. Lol! Yep, in my old age I've become a romantic. It's the only escape I have and if not, I think I may very well go mad.

Anyway, to all the happy couples out there, happy valentine's day! Make the most of it and I hope you see many, many more.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment